Thoughts of...Jell-O Molds
What Christmas Day feast is complete without a Jell-O mold salad or desert? Their bright colors add to the beauty of the table and the refreshing taste of fruit cleanses the palate .
There are innumerable recipes for Jell-O mold dishes, but the basic steps are the same.
1. Select a clean mold
2. Dissolve the Jell-O in water by either stirring well or by boiling the water
3. Add fruit
4. Mix until firm
5. Pour the mix into the mold
6. Chill overnight
7. Remove the salad or desert from the mold
We are all Jell-O molds being prepared for the Wedding Feast of the Lamb (Rev 19:6-9). And whereas there are innumerable ways the Sovereign God can conform us into the image of His Son Jesus Christ (Rom 8:28-29), the basic steps are the same.
1. Select a clean mold: Jesus Christ is the only mold (Rom 3:23, Phil 2:5-11, John 14:6, Is 43:11, Is 45:21, 1 Peter 1:16-20,1 Peter 2:21-22)
2. Dissolve the Jell-O in water by either stirring well or by boiling the water: God uses the consequences of our decisions and the circumstances of lives to transform our proud, hard, independent, selfish hearts to humble, soft, dependent, selfless hearts (Deut 8:2, James 4:6-10, Matt 16:24-25, Matt 23:12, 1 Peter 5:5-6, Is 57:15). The transformation makes us useable in God’s hands.
3. Add fruit: The Word of God, added to a humble and contrite heart, bears fruit (Mark 4:1-20).
4. Mix until firm: The life-changing truths of the Word of God take on greater and greater depth and our walk with Jesus becomes stronger and stronger as God uses the circumstances of our lives increase our faith in the Lord (Ps 23:1-6, John 8:31-32, Acts 14:22, Col 1:21-23, 2 Tim 3:10-17).
5. Pour the mix into the mold: As our faith is increased and our walk with the Lord grows more committed and unashamed, we take on His image (Col 3:8-16, Rom 12:1-2, Rom 13:10-14, Gal 3:27-28, Eph 4:15-32, Gal 5:22-25).
6. Chill overnight: We receive the promises of God by faith. It is impossible to please God apart from faith. Faith is hearing and believing and obeying and waiting (Heb 11:1, Heb 11:6. The purposes of God for our lives are effective after we “chill” for a while (Lam 3:22-26, Ps 130:5, Ps 37:7-9 with Rom 8:17, Rom 8:23-25, Luke 8:15, Gal 5:5).
7. Remove the salad or desert from the mold: At the appointed time, God’s perfect work shall be seen (1 John 3:1-2, Phil 1:6, Col 1:27, Phil 1:11).
Merry Christmas, my fellow Jell-O molds!
1 Cor 15:47-54