Calvary Chapel Ahwatukee has a great burden for Jews and the land of Israel. We are Christian Zionists. The Word of God says:
- The LORD is far from done with the Jewish people, as is taught by the blasphemous doctrine called Replacement Theology
(Jeremiah 31:35-37, Jeremiah 33:20-21, Jeremiah 23:7-8, Zechariah 12 – 14)
- Gentile believers of the Jewish Messiah are grafted into Israel
- Those who curse Israel will be cursed and those who bless Israel will be blessed
- The New Covenant was given to Israel…not the Church!
- We Gentile believers have an obligation to stand by and support the Jews
- The LORD will send fishers (Matt 4:19) to His people before He sends hunters
Therefore, we annually travel to Israel to minister to the people and to tour the land the LORD uniquely called His own (Ezekiel 38:16). In addition, we prayerfully and financially support two ministries in the land that minister to the Jews.
The Shepherd’s Light ministers to the homeless and needy in Tel Aviv in the name of Yeshua. The LORD has given them favor with their neighbors, who marvel at the selfless love of these followers of the Jewish Messiah. However, they also face persecution at the hands of the “anti-Missionaries” who errantly believe the Christians are out to steal the souls of the Jews. Nothing could be further from the truth!
For Zion’s Sake is a Jerusalem-based ministry to help Russian and European Jews immigrate into the land of Israel. The LORD is calling His chosen people back to His land and often times they arrive with nothing more than the clothes on their back and a suitcase. For Zion’s Sake gathers and distributes humanitarian aid to those Jews to help them re-start their lives in their new home.