The Calvary Chapel Church has been formed as a fellowship of believers in the Lordship of Jesus Christ. Our supreme desire is to know Christ and to be conformed to his image by the power of the Holy Spirit. We are not a denominational church, nor are we opposed to denominations as such, only their over-emphasis of doctrinal differences that have led to the division of the body of Christ.
We believe that the only true basis of Christian fellowship is Christ's (Agape) Love, which is greater than the differences we possess and without which we have no rights to claim ourselves Christians.
We believe that the worship of God should be spiritual. Therefore, we remain flexible and yielded to the leading of the Holy Spirit to direct out worship.
We believe worship of God should be inspirational. Therefore, we give a great place to music in our worship.
We believe worship of God should be intelligent. Therefore, our services are designed with great emphasis upon teaching the Word of God that He might instruct us how He should be worshipped.
We believe worship of God should be fruitful. Therefore, we look for His love in our lives as the Supreme manifestation that we have truly been worshipping Him.
We believe in all the fundamental doctrines of Evangelical Christianity.
We hold to the inerrancy of Scripture. The Bible is the inspired, infallible Word of God. The Father, Son and Holy Spirit are one God, eternally existent in the separate persons. Jesus is fully God, fully man. He was born of the virgin, lived a sinless life, provided for the atonement of our sins by His vicarious death on the cross, was bodily resurrected by the power of the Holy Spirit, ascended back to the right hand of God the Father, and ever lives to make intercession for us.
After Jesus ascended to Heaven, He poured out His Holy Spirit on the believers in Jerusalem, enabling them to fulfill His command to preach the Gospel to the entire world, an obligation shared by all believers today. All people are by nature separated from God and responsible for their own sin. But, salvation, redemption, and forgiveness are freely offered to all by grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. When a person repents of sin and accepts Jesus Christ as his or her personal Lord and Savior, trusting Him to save, that person is immediately born again and sealed by the Holy Spirit. All sins are forgiven and that person becomes a child of God.
We hold to all the gifts of the Holy Spirit mentioned in Scripture being in practice today - the greatest gift of all being Christ's love.
- Church government is simplistic rather then a complex bureaucracy.
- We depend upon the Holy Spirit to lead, rather then fleshly promotion.
- We await the pre-millennial, pre-tribulation return of Christ for His waiting Church.
- The Second Coming of Christ with His saints to rule on the earth will be personal and visible.
- This motivates us to holy living, committed service, heartfelt worship, diligent study of God's Word, regular fellowship and participation in Baptism and the celebration of the Lord's Supper.
We hold to the teaching of the Word of God is such a way that it can be applied to life as beneficial towards a growing maturity.
At a given time, certain issues become controversial in the Church. Therefore, the Calvary Chapel Church feels it is necessary to take a stand in the following areas:
- The teaching of "positive confession."
- The belief that true Christians can be possessed by demons.
- "Dominion Theology."
- A fatalistic Calvanistic view, which allows no room for the free will.
- Prophesy that superseded Biblical Scripture.
- The incorporation of humanistic psychology and philosophy into biblical teaching.
- "Charismania" (the over emphasis upon spiritual gifts, experiential signs and wonders,) etc.
In our services, we focus on a "personal relationship" with God through worship and prayer and the teaching of the Word of God. We teach both expository and topical studies. We do not allow speaking loudly in tongues or the interpretation or our services with prophecy if there is a Bible study in progress. It is not that we do not hold to the using of these gifts, but we believe that God will not interrupt Himself.
Concerning Evangelism, we do outreach ministry in the community; but our main belief concerning evangelism is that "sheep begat sheep." If we continue to feed the flock of God and keep a fire under them, they will in turn be submitted to God and have the burden to lead people to Christ.